Test Connect

   We are using the http_persist_open  and http_persist_post procedures
   and are trying to open the connection before we go do the posts later.

   We have noticed that the http_persist_open does not always check the
   connection but returns a comm connection that is not null.

   This occurs if we are trying to connect to an SSL port without setting
   up to connect to an SSL port. Ie not using the https_init(` `) and
   using http://

   This also occurs if we are using the User Authentication which we
   understand does not normally get done until after a post.

   Is there a way to test the connection without doing an
   http_persist_post to make sure.

   If there isn't a way to do this we can add the test post if we need
   to.

   Thanks

   Ron