From: Lowary, Jim
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 2:32 PM
To: 'ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re: Question on HTTPAPI and GSKIt API's

I'm still waiting on the QSECOFR to set up my digital certificate, but
was doing some testing to see what kind of errors I'd get and how I
handled them, or don't as the case may be.

I have a question on what I need to do for this error.

First time I run the program I get the error; " Application is not
registered with DCM!"  which is what I would suspect, but if I run it
again I get the error; " SSL environment was already initialized!".

Is there something I should call before I exit if I have errors to shut
things down so that it could be run again?  I found in one program where
after the certificate was not loaded and the program registered it that
CEETREC was called and I've tried this:

C                   Eval      rc = https_init(%trim(XAPPID))
C*
C                   If        rc <> 1
C                   Eval      msg = http_error
C                   Dsply                   msg
C                   CallP     CEETREC(*OMIT : *OMIT)
C                   CallP     HTTP_Crash()
C                   Return
C                   EndIF

But still get that message.  It will only go away if I signoff that
session and then get back on a try again.  Now maybe that won't be
important because the real job will be running in batch and if an error
is found and corrected, then a new job will be initialized again when it
is rerun.  But I'd kind of like to keep things clean if possible and
thought I'd ask how something like this should be handled.

Thanks for all the help and pointers so far.

-- Jim