Post with a parameter name

   Hello All,

   I have blindly but successfully implemented several applications using
   Scott's HTTPAPI programs.  They work beautifully.  Now I am trying to
   communicate with a new vendor who is asking me to include "a parameter
   RQXML=<your xml document> with the regular POST method to their HTTPS
   URL".  I am lost in understanding what is meant by defining a variable
   named "RQXML" to define the xml string.  My vendor says they will not
   be able to capture the XML string without the RQXML variable.  I have
   no idea how to do this.  I have already tried a variety of things with
   no success.  A code snippet of my latest attempt is as follows:

   ......previous code that loads the "postdata" field....

   postdata += '</Items>' + '</ShipRequest>';

   RQXML = 'RQXML=' + %trim(postdata);

   rc = http_url_post_xml (`https://mercury.shiplandmark.com/api/api.php'

                                                : %addr(RQXML) + 2

                                                : %len(RQXML)

                                                : %paddr(StartOfElement)

                                                : %paddr(EndOfElement)

                                                : *NULL );

   This isn't what my vendor needs and isn't able to offer any guidance.
   I would really, really appreciate any insight with this.  Thank you so
   much!!

   Vicki Seaberg

   Swanson Health Products