From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 9:51 AM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: Problems with Exmaple18, any help is usefully..

Hello Mario,

You either have a routing problem, or (probably more likely) you have a firewall blocking your access to the web.

You are not experiencing a DNS problem (the error you posted is not related to DNS) so posting your DNS configuration didn't help.  The problem is that HTTPAPI sends a connection request to the server it's trying to connect to, and it gets no response.  That means that there's a packet filtering firewall that's discarding the connection attempt.
(Or, less likely, that a router misconfiguration is causing the packets to be dropped.)

Mario Rodrigues wrote:
>    Hi, everybody
>

>    I install HTTPAPI tool and after that, run an EXAMPLE18 on my iSeries
>    and I have a response like this:
>

>    Selection or command
>
>     ===> CALL PGM(EXAMPLE18) PARM('USD' 'JPY' 12.00)
>

>     F3=Exit   F4=Prompt   F9=Retrieve   F12=Cancel
>
>     Timeout occurred while trying to connect to server!
>

>    -  So, I consult this forum obtain an answer for my problem.
>
> -  I found this subject apparently like mine "RE: Cant ping address
> from 400 to use Httpapi example18 and example19." ,  but my iSeries
> TCP configuration is like:
>
>                         Change TCP/IP Domain
> (CHGTCPDMN)
>
>  Type choices, press
> Enter.
>
> Host name  . . . . . . . . . . .   'AS400'
>
> Domain name  . . . . . . . . . .
> 'APPN.SNA.IBM.COM'
>
> Domain search list . . . . . . .
> *DFT
>
> Host name search priority  . . .   *LOCAL        *REMOTE, *LOCAL,
> *SAME
>
>  Domain name
> server:
>
>    Internet address . . . . . . .
> '123.45.6.7'
>

> '123.45.6.8'
>

> Bottom
>
>  F3=Exit   F4=Prompt   F5=Refresh   F10=Additional parameters
> F12=Cancel
>
>  F13=How to use this display        F24=More
> keys
>

>   Change TCP/IP Domain (CHGTCPDMN)
>

>  Type choices, press
> Enter.
>
>                                    Additional
> Parameters
>

>  Port . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   53            1-65535,
> *SAME
>
>  Protocol . . . . . . . . . . . .   *UDP          *UDP, *TCP,
> *SAME
>
>  Initial domain name server . . .   *FIRST        *FIRST, *ROTATE,
> *SAME
>
>  Domain name server
> retry:
>
>    Number of retries  . . . . . .   2             1-99,
> *SAME
>
>    Time interval  . . . . . . . .   2             1-99,
> *SAME
>

> Bottom
>
>  F3=Exit   F4=Prompt   F5=Refresh   F12=Cancel   F13=How to use this
> display
>
>  F24=More
> keys
>
>   - And the file that I have in ( IFS/.../tmp/httpapi_debug.txt )
> contain
> this:
>
>    HTTPAPI Ver 1.23 released 2008-04-24
>
>    OS/400 Ver V5R4M0
>

>    New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819.
>    ProtLoc=0
>
>    http_url_get(): entered
>
>    http_persist_open(): entered
>
>    http_long_ParseURL(): entered
>
>    DNS resolver retrans: 2
>
>    DNS resolver retry  : 2
>
>    DNS resolver options: x'00000136'
>
>    DNS default domain: APPN.SNA.IBM.COM

> [...]

This message (including any attachments) is only for the use of the person(s) for whom it is intended. It may contain Mattel confidential and/or trade secret information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, distribute or use this information for any purpose, and you should delete this message and inform the sender immediately.