READLINE question

   Hi,

   I am having some trouble and would like some insight.

   I call a program that uses READLINE to just read the first record in
   the file which is a header record. I perform checks on the header
   record than exit the program.

   I call another program that uses READLINE to read the whole file. On
   the first record, READLINE starts with putting in the second record
   (don't know why it isn't reading the header) but at position 323,
   instead of finishing the line, it starts putting in the data from the
   header record.

   I have no clue what is happening. I expect that when I do the READLINE
   in my second program, it should start at the beginning of the file and
   read the header record first but it doesn't do that. Instead it starts
   reading the second record in the file but ends up being overlaid by
   the header record.

   Any advice would be appreciated!

   Thanks,

   Kelly