Re: Call URL with RUNTIME parameters

   Example02.
   function http_url_post
   Thanks,
   Musthafa

   On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Louis, Theresa
   <[1]tilouis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

       Hi,
       I am new to all of this but I need to call an URL from RPG and
     pass
       some parameters in the URL. I do not need to get anything back
     from
       the URL call. Basically what this URL call is going to do is
     connect
       to a web server and run an application. I have installed HTTPAPI
     on my
       AS400 and tried to follow the tutorial but I am totally lost. Do
       need to learn SOAP and/or XML to use the HTTPAPI utility? I tried
       writing code similar to what was in the tutorial and I think I
     might
       be connecting to the web server because I am not getting an error
     code
       returned anymore but I know my application is not running so I
     must
       have something still wrong. I there any simple code template that
       can use to plug into my RPG. Here is the URL I am trying to call
     (it
       shouldn't work for anyone outside our network).
       TCP/IP version:

     [1][2]http://172.17.10.55:8080/wow65/run?opid=432&QOEERRFND=D&QOERE
     FNBR=
       5144910
       Domain name version:

     [2][3]http://wat-wow01.waterousco.acipco.com:8080/wow65/run?opid=43
     2&QOEE
       RRFND=D&QOEREFNBR=5144910
       I have tried using both and the HTTPAPI does not like the TCP/IP
       version.
       Thank you,
       Theresa I. Louis
       Waterous Company
       125 Hardman Ave. S.
       South St. Paul, MN 55075
       Phone: 651-450-5075
       Email: [4]tilouis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     _________Confidentiality Notice_______________________
     This e-mail and any files transmitted with it is
     confidential and is intended solely for the use of
     the individual(s) or entity(ies) to whom this e-mail
     is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient
     or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail
     to the intended recipient, be advised that you have
     received this e-mail in error, and that any use,
     disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
     retention or copying of this e-mail is strictly
     prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in
     error, please immediately return this e-mail to
     the sender and delete the e-mail from your system.
     Thank you.