HTTPAPI (Web Service) sending an XML string as an input parameter to a web service 'brackets'

 Hey Scott, I wanted to provide to you a little more information on some of
the things I've tried in dealing with this rather pesky issue of the square
brackets [ ] when posting my SOAP string to the web service.

 First, I guess I should answer your question about the CCSID of the source
and of the job.  In both cases, it appears to be CCSID 37.  (Which I think
is pretty normal for us here in the US.)  I also wanted to point out that in
looking through your EXAMPLExx programs in QRPGLESRC in LIBHTTP, I found
that one important element of my RPG that was missing was the
'http_setCCSID(1208: 0);'   Since I last e-mailed this forum, I've added
that line of code and it has somewhat changed how things have been working,
but still not produced the results I'm shooting for.

 At this point I've tried several hundred variations of encodings, including
UTF-EBCDIC (which they don't support) as well as IBM037 and IBM819.  I've
also tried different combinations of CCSID parameters on the http_setCCSID
call, which didn't seem to work for me either.   I also tried your
suggestion of coding the RPG in UCS2 by putting the 'CCSID(*UCS2 : 13488)'
on the H spec.  No luck there either.

 I've also spent a great deal of time surfing the web looking for articles
relating to EBCDIC and the square brackets.  At one point I came across a
previous e-mail conversation that you were part of on GMANE.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.as400.rpg/56100/focus=56138   It
appears to me that this person was using the XML Toolkit and having very
similar issues with the square bracket characters.  I read through the
entire chain, but didn't find any final solution that was documented.

 In closing, a question.    Would it be at all possible to create my SOAP
string and in particular the [ & ] characters in the RPG using a hex or
binary value that when converted to UTF-8 would yield the square brackets
that I need?     Or how about creating my SOAP string using the [ & ]
characters, then converting it to ASCII using QDCXLATE before the HTTP
posting?

 I know, I'm probably just grasping at straws here and showing just how much
of a newbie I am at this whole RPG HTTP world.