Re: list function from FTPAPI_H

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 16:10 -0600, Scott Klement wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > How much store do you put in the format of comments in FTPAPI_H?  In particular,
> > (*) The plus-sign boxing comments end at column 70, although other comments
> >     extend further.  Going further to the right would leave a few fewer line
> >     in FTPAPI_H and the listing.
>
> It doesn't make much difference to me whether I save a handful of
> records in a source member.

Okay.

> > (*) APIs FTP_url_get_raw, FTP_url_get, and FTP_Login have parentheses suffixed
> >     in the short summaries.  Is this significant?
>
> No.  It just helps identify a word like FTP_url_get as a procedure.  I
> find it to be a nice visual cue.

Okay.

> > (*) Do you value source colourization?  It adds a couple of lines to the work
> >     of listing the short summaries.
>
> I don't follow this question.  What are you asking me?  Whether you
> should colorize the summaries?  Whether I want my copy book to be
> colorized?  Whether I like WDSC's colorization features?
>
> If you're talking about inserting hex codes into the member to make it
> show up with colors in SEU, then my answer is "I hate it when people do
> that!"

Me too.  (Years later, I am still dealing with what one of my customer's
(brief) in-house programmer accomplished in just a few seconds with a
colorizing program.)  In the present case, it means you need
OVRPRTF RPLUNPRT() before CPYF.

Are you interested in receiving the changes?  Let me emphasize that this
is a bad thing if it ends up discouraging any other effort on better
documentation.

How should I submit offered changes?

Cheers,
Terry.