From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:54 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: FW: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Hi Kathy,

Your XML is not a valid XML document.   If you look at the SOAP message
that the web service is sending back to you as a response, you'll see
this (I reformatted it to make it easier to read)

<soap:Body>
   <soap:Fault>
     <faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>
     <faultstring>Server was unable to read request. ---&gt;
        There is an error in XML document (1, 911). ---&gt;
        Input string was not in a correct format.
     </faultstring>
     <detail/>
   </soap:Fault>
</soap:Body>

Notice the "faultstring" says that there's an error in your XML
document.  I've noticed that your XML document has the following as part
of it:
    <tem:Children><tem:Children>

The above looks incorrect to me, as it's missing the / character that
signals the end of an XML element.  So it SHOULD look like this instead:

    <tem:Children></tem:Children>

or the (equivalent) short form:

    <tem:Children/>

All of your other XML elements are formatted correctly, it was just this
one that was missing the end tag.

That'll make your document into a well-formed XML document.  However,
that doesn't mean that it's the right format for the given web service.
  Unfortunately, I have no way to determine whether it's correct for the
web service, since I don't have the WSDL for the service.

Please make sure you are using a good tool (like SoapUI) to generate
your Soap messages, and NOT trying to do it by hand...  converting these
by hand will lead you down the road to madness. :)

wardkl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>    I am trying my first HPPTAPI with no success, below is the debug log,
>    any help would be appreciated.
>

>    Kathy L. Ward
>
>    Century 21 Thomas

This message may contain information that is confidential or privileged. It is intended solely for the
individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed.  Dissemination, duplication or distribution of this transmission
by someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly prohibited and may be
illegal under federal or state law.  Any views or opinions presented in this email are those of the author and
not necessarily those of Century 21 Thomas.  The sender and Century 21 Thomas accept no liability for any
damage caused by any email related virus. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
us immediately by replying to this email and by deleting the original message and any copies.  Thank you.