RE: Attach File

RPGsp has a function called RPGspUpload and if you search for it in the RPGsp help it has an example page to do exactly what you want.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: 15 October 2009 06:48
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: Attach File

If you do decide to give up on RPGsp and use CGIDEV2, I wrote an article
about their new file upload support (with some sample code) here:
http://systeminetwork.com/article/easy400-improves-support-uploads

Scott Klement wrote:
> You are uploading a JPG from a user's PC with a browser to the AS/400
> (IBM i) then?
>
> You can't do that with HTTPAPI (or FTPAPI).  HTTPAPI is a tool that
> you'd use in place of a browser.  It's only a client program, it cannot
> be used in the server role, and the server role seems to be what you're
> looking for.
>
> RPGsp, of course, is a tool for the server role.  I suggest you talk to
> Profound Logic...  Or if you're looking for an open source alternative,
> both CGIDEV2 and PHP can do this quite easily. But I'd be very surprised
> if RPGsp couldn't already do it as well!
>

> Michael Cook wrote:
>> I have a application that allows users to post a horse for sale and I
>> need to allow them at checkout send a photo of the horse and it be
>> stored on the system. Written in rpg and converted with rpgsp for the
>> web. I am at loss on the part of getting the jpg with the browser.

This communication has been sent to you by Ansvar Insurance Company Ltd.  Reg. No. 661060 England.
Registered Office: Beaufort House, Brunswick Road,
Gloucester. GL1 1JZ.

Member of: Association of British Insurers (ABI); Financial Ombudsman Service.  Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).

This communication is sent in confidence and is intended for addressee only and is subject to the relevant terms and conditions. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. Please advise the sender of any error(s) in transmission of this communication.

http://www.ansvar.co.uk