From: Scott Klement [mailto:sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2009 11:53 AM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: Connection: Close

Hi Karl,

Take a look at EXAMPLE20 -- what it does is inject the SoapAction:
header into the HTTP protocol.

In your case, you don't want to inject SoapAction:  Instead, you want to

inject a connection: header (or maybe both SoapAction: and Connection:).

  Anyway, use the same logic that EXAMPLE20 does, except do this:

         Header = 'Connection: close' + x'0d25';

Or if you need to do both Connection: and SoapAction: do this:

          Header = 'SOAPAction: '
                 + 'http://www.webserviceX.NET/ConversionRate'
                 + x'0d25'
                 + 'Connection: close'
                 + x'0d25';

I would recommend that you take advantage of this type of code rather
than modifying HTTPAPI itself.  That way, you won't have to re-do the
modification each time you update HTTPAPI.

Karl Woods wrote:
> Our web services group has told us that we need to change our http
headers from Connection: Keep Alive to connection: close. I noticed that
changelog states that connection: close was removed in version 1.8.

> Should I change it back in HTTPAPIR4, or is it a variable I can change
it in my programs?

> Thanks,
> Karl B. Woods
> Sr. Programmer/Analyst
> 1960 S. Milestone Dr., Ste B
> Salt Lake City, UT 84104
> Tel: (801) 433-9426
> Fax: (801) 487-2775
> E-mail:  karl.woods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> "All silencing of discussion is an
> assumption of infallibility."
> -John Stuart Mill
>

> This e-mail contains proprietary information and may be confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message
is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please
delete it immediately.