RE: NTLM Authentication

NTLM and Kerberos both appear to be built into OS/400 somehow (see QNTC and SSO support). However, it doesn't seem to have much support (examples of how to access). I've done a few searches for information about this and come up with a handful of dust.

There are some other ways to try to access and you went down one of them with your java try. I am currently doing an eval on a product that has NTLM support as a client. That part of their code is buried nicely inside their programs however. When I looked a few months back, I thought I found some C programs that handled it. Maybe one of those projects would work with some tweaks.

Once the underlying APIs are uncovered, I would expect that it wouldn't be hard to integrate into HTTPAPI, but writing the NTLM authentication piece will be a chore at the moment.

Good luck.
Mike Krebs