Re: [BULK] Re: HTTPAPI sending a certificate.

You've lost me.  An invalid certificate won't work.  It doesn't matter
if you use PHP or Java or anything else.  This has nothing to do with
the programming language.

The following code will never work:
https_init(/www/folder/htdocs/InvalidCertificate)

That's not how you assign certificates.  You have to load your
certificate through digital certificate manager.  You can't simply list
it's pathname.

HTTPAPI does not do any SSL processing on it's own.  It uses the SSL
code that's built into the operating system.  It doesn't many any
difference what language your program is written in, because all
languages invoke the same code inside the operating system.  It's not a
programming language issue.

It's possible that if you used a different SSL library (for example,
calling OpenSSL from PASE instead of using the GSKit library from IBM)
you could end up finding a way to get the certificate through.  But
again, that's not a language-specific thing.  Any language calling that
SSL library will work the same.

However, I have no intention of rewriting HTTPAPI to use a different SSL
library. If you want it to use a different one, feel free to write it
yourself and contribute the code back to the project.  This is, after
all, an open source project.

But I can't help but wonder if you just didn't understand my
instructions, since you seem to think that you can just specify a
pathname to HTTPAPI...