Re: SOAP example that can be run at V4?

Scott Klement wrote:
> Any/all of them that don't use SSL could be converted to V4R4 if you
> wanted to put enough effort into it.  (Personally, I don't.)

I'm assuming that the "http_url_post_xml" call uses the XML parser, and
looking at HTTPAPI_H, it appears that it specifically uses it to parse
the response.

(From EXAMPLE18)
rc = http_url_post_xml(
            'http://www.webservicex.net/CurrencyConvertor.asmx'
                   : %addr(SOAP) + 2
                   : %len(SOAP)
                   : *NULL
                   : %paddr(Incoming)
                   : %addr(rate)
                   : HTTP_TIMEOUT
                   : HTTP_USERAGENT
                   : 'text/xml'
                   : 'http://www.webserviceX.NET/ConversionRate');

Supposing I can live without having the response parsed, at least for
now, and can eventually parse it myself, would substituting a call to
"http_url_post" work, and do it at V4?

--
JHHL