Re: Consuming Web Services

On 1-Sep-09, at 1:46 PM, Scott Klement wrote:

> Selders, Vince E wrote:
>> I've downloaded the tool and have imported the wsdl, however it
>> tells me
>> the XML declaration is not well formed.
>
> For your WSDL?  That's not a good sign.  I would try re-downloading
> the
> WSDL.  Be very careful to make sure it's not being mistranslated or
> extra characters are added.

I have had this problem with SoapUI twice. It appears to be very very
fussy about any characters between the tags in the wdsl.  The error
message it gives is very misleading because the XML is in fact well
formed - I confirmed this with two different XML validators.

Some sites when you download the wsdl include hyphens ("-") between
the tags - which is how it appears in a browser.

The wsdl I had trouble with looked like this:

    <andothertag ... >
     -
Manually removing the hyphens cleared the problem.

Jon Paris

www.Partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com