HTTPAPI vs. XMLToolKit

Not sure if this is the forum for this question, but here goes.

There are two AS/400 programmers in our shop. We are quite happy with HTTPAPI and use it in a lot of places to access web services.

However, the web services folks (not as/400 oriented - MS drones) are insisting that we look into XMLToolKit as an alternative to HTTPAPI. We do not see a need to look into the tool, but they have the ear of our common boss.

So, does anyone out there have any experience with XMLToolKit? If so, how does it compare to HTTPAPI? I've heard that XMLToolKit is cumbersome and requires some functions to be written in C++ and then placed in a C wrapper just so they can be used on a 400.

Thanks,
Karl B. Woods
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Professional Services
1960 S. Milestone Dr., Ste B
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Tel: (801) 433-9426 (office)
Fax: (801) 487-2775
E-mail:  karl.woods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail contains proprietary information and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please delete it immediately.