From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott
Klement
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:40 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte
UTF-8sequence

What is Request_Ptr?  What is it set to?  How does it get set?

The debug file you posted shows lots of invalid characters in your XML.
  How did they get set that way?

Nelson Ventura wrote:
> We are trying to post an XML and we are getting an error on the
> response.  This is the error faultstring =
> java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8
> sequence
[SNIP]
>    rc = http_url_post_xml(Url
>                   : Request_ptr
>                   : Request_len
>                   : *NULL
>                   : %paddr(ElementEnd)
>                   : %addr(ack_msg)
>                   : HTTP_TIMEOUT
>                   : HTTP_USERAGENT
>                   : 'text/xml; charset=utf-8'
>                   : url );

The information contained in this electronic message is intended
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.  It is intended only for the use of
the individual(s) or entity named above.  If the reader is not the

immediately at compliance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and delete the
electronic message and any associated attachments.