Re: Setup as400 to accept ftped text files from a customer into an ifs folder.

Hi John:

Here's the setup I established for my client (anyone chime in with
improvements/faults):
1. I created an FTP exit point pgm (actually 2) for login and control -
the login one logs the access, the control version limits the FTP
commands the user can run.
2. I created separate user profile for them, gave them a home directory,
and set a limit on the maximum storage they can use
3. I created this home directory for this profile and granted them access.
4. I also changed the FTP Initial name format to *PATH and initial
directory *HOME - thus when the user logs in, is automatically put in
this directory.

While I haven't used this technique, I recall reading that there was a
way to monitor a directory/folder for when a file "arrives" - I usually
have the files processed manually

Hope this helps.

Russ Khoury
AS/400 Software Developer/Consultant