Re: I forget: can HTTPAPI access a SOAP web service?

James,

Yes, you can access a SOAP based web service.  HTTPAPI will not
construct the SOAP messages for you, however, you'll need to build them
yourself.  (A tool like SoapUI helps, or Thomas's WSDL2RPG)

If you want to use the XML helpers that are included with HTTPAPI (such
as http_url_post_xml, etc..) then you must have V5R1.

However, you can use HTTPAPI's routines to download the SOAP messages
(without parsing) at V4R2.  You can call the Expat routines yourself
(you'll probably have to write your own prototypes, since mine probably
use newer feeatures) in V4 releases as well.  You just can't use my RPG
routines for XML because they use free format code, which requires V5R1.

Of course, you could kludge something together with SCAN & SUBST.