Re: Google Translate API's

   Hi Scott,
   thanks,
   it worked, as long as I dosn't specify any local (danish) characters,
   by the way I'm on a CCSID 277 both in QCCSID, Job CCSID and source
   CCSID - and I run on a standard LIBHTTP installation.
   "Prøve" should convert to "Trial" (from danish to english), as
   standard
   LIBHTTP escapes this to Pr%F8ve and google will return garbage
   but run it on return code 200
   Then I added
   HTTP_setCCSIDs(1208:0:1208:0);
   and LIBHTTP converted "Prøve" to "Pr%C3%B8%85" that became "Test"
   because
   the right encodeURI should be "pr%C3%B8ve"
   Then I tried with a longer sentence ...
   "Årlig vedligeholdelse" should convert to "Yearly Maintenance", the
   correct encodeURI should be "%C3%85rlig%20vedligeholdelse" but that
   became
   "%C3%85e%C3%81Ca%C3%A4%2FCu%07%C3%A4%C3%8D CuC" and gave me return
   code 400
   It seems to me, that iConv, first started to encode, never stops and
   produces
   garbage :-(
   FYI, during the day I found som specialities in what google returns,
   because it's a service that is expected to be run from an AJAX call.
   Even though they return's a HTTP code 400, there is a hidden message
   explaining
   the error, a JSON object that cannot be seen in your log, but can be
   seen
   in a browser (FF), something called X-embedded-status:
   Your log:
   <HTML>
   <HEAD>
   <TITLE>Bad Request</TITLE>
   </HEAD>
   <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" TEXT="#000000">
   <H1>Bad Request</H1>
   <H2>Error 400</H2>
   </BODY>
   </HTML>
   The hidden embedded JSON message on the above:
   {"responseData": null, "responseDetails": "invalid translation
   language pair", "responseStatus": 400}
   Try this with an error in langpair:
   http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/services/language/translate?v=1.0&q=al
   fanumerisk%20oversat&langpair=daen
   If you have any explanation, please enligthen me
   Thanks
   Regards
   Henrik

   Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Sent by: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   24-07-2009 18:37

                             Please respond to
        HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                                                                       cc

                                                                  Subject

   Re: Google Translate API's

   Hello Henrik,
   Please try changing your call to http_url_get() to look like this:
      rc = http_url_get(url: '/tmp/testpost.html');
   You are specifying some other parameters that are likely to be causing
   problems.  Try specifying only those two.
   Thanks!