Sporadic problem with CDATA[. Due to CCSID?

   Hi all,

   Hoping someone can help with a sporadic problem which has me stumped.

   We are consuming a web service which requires CDATA within the SOAP
   message. In about 20% of requests sent using HTTP_URL_POST, the [ in
   the message is being translated into a full stop causing a Bad
   Request. Our iSeries is set up with CCSID = 65535 so I am changing the
   submitting job's CCSID to 285 to prevent problems with translation to
   £ signs. As I say, in about 80% of cases the message is fine and no
   errors occur.

   Any ideas much appreciated.

     ________________________________

   Registered Address: Fortis House Tollgate Eastleigh Hampshire SO53 3YA
   Registered Number: 354568 England
   This e-mail together with any attachments are intended for the
   addressee only and may be private and confidential. If you are not the
   intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering it to the
   intended recipient, you must not open any attachments, or copy,
   disclose, distribute, retain or use this e-mail, including any
   attachments, in any way whatsoever; please return it to us immediately
   using the reply facility on e-mail.
   Consider the environment and think before you print this email.