From: Scott Klement [mailto:sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 5:17 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: Invalid Header Name

hi Karl,

Thank you for providing code that I could experiment with.  I've
discovered what I believe to be the problem.  In your GETEODROLL code,
you are using the "additional header" callback routine -- but you've
forgotten to terminate your header with a CRLF.  Therefore, it thinks
your XML document is part of the HTTP headers -- resulting in the "Bad
Header" error message.

This is the routine in GETEODROLL that I'm referring to:

      P Add_SOAPACTION  B
      D Add_SOAPACTION  PI
      D   Header                    1024A   varying
      D   UserData                      *   value
       /free
          Header = 'SOAPAction: '
                 + '"http://fwapi.DriverTech.com/'
                 + 'ReportsService_v2/VehiclePerformance_GetByDate"';
       /end-free
      P                 E

You need to add a CR/LF (EBCDIC x'0d25') to your header to make it a
valid HTTP header.  So your routine will look like this:

      P Add_SOAPACTION  B
      D Add_SOAPACTION  PI
      D   Header                    1024A   varying
      D   UserData                      *   value
       /free
          Header = 'SOAPAction: '
                 + '"http://fwapi.DriverTech.com/'
                 + 'ReportsService_v2/VehiclePerformance_GetByDate"'
                 + x'0d25';
       /end-free
      P                 E

No changes are required to HTTPAPI itself.