From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Edmondson
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 3:03 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: FTP API

 From what I can tell the native FTP client is considerably faster.

221,107,617 byte save file transfered using native from i to PC took 27
seconds, FTPAPI took 140 seconds.

I use FTPAPI where I need better feedback than the native client
provides, so far that's involved small files where speed is not of the
essence.

Chris Edmondson

chris@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>

509.670.6817

Silvan Scherrer wrote:
>    Hi all,
>    i have a question about performance of the FTP API. Did anyone compare
>    the FTP API speed with the native FTP client? I would be interested in
>    figures about that. The reason is, that i wrote my own FTP API long
>    ago and always had slower speed than the native FTP client. So i
>    wonder if it would be worth to switch to FTP API.
>    Thanks and regards
>    Silvan Scherrer
>
>    --
>    Silvan Scherrer