CGI commands from RPG

   Hi,
   I need to be able to send CGI commands directly from an RPG program to
   a Moxa Active Ethernet I/O switch E221O. This device can be connected
   on an ethernet network and is able to receive CGI commands.
   I've managed to switch its digital output ports on and off from within
   my browser session calling my RPG CGI program but when I call this
   program from the command line or from within another RPg program
   nothing happens.
   Can anyone give me a hint on how to do this ?
   Thanks,
   Dirk Vande Walle