Re: Time out error using HTTPAPI program

Scott,

      Thanks for your reply.

      I am the same as avbains, sorry for any confusion.

      The network people are looking into your suggestions.

      Many thanks.

Mike.

             Scott Klement
             <sk@scottklement.
             Sent by:                  HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
             ftpapi-bounces@li         <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             sts.scottklement.                                          cc
             com                       "tagowun@xxxxxxxxxxxx"
                                       <tagowun@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                   Subject
             03/06/2009 19:46          Re: Time out error using HTTPAPI
                                       program

             Please respond to
                HTTPAPI and
              FTPAPI Projects
             <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxx
              ttklement.com>

Mike,

Its not possible to get an error #7 on a DNS lookup.  This error only
occurs during the call to the connect() API, or on a select() that's
waiting for the connect() API to time-out.

The error message means that it sent a connection request, but did not
receive a response.

It can't be a DNS error (unless DNS is returning the wrong IP address...
but that seems far fetched.)

mtodd,

Are you the same as AVBAINS in System iNetwork forums?  He asked an
identical question in the following thread:
http://forums.systeminetwork.com/isnetforums/showthread.php?t=61451

Please ensure that routing is working properly.  Try other applications
and see if they work properly from your i.  Please do that from the same
computer (testing whether it works/fails from your PC isn't a useful
test, unless they are set up identically to each other, and on the same
network... and that's very hard to nail down.)

Check your default route.  Is it set up to point to the correct
router/gateway?

Are you supposed to use a proxy to connect to web sites?  If so, have
you told HTTPAPI to use a proxy? (It requires adding a call to a
subprocedure that sets the proxy to use.)

Mike Krebs wrote:
> On your IBM i command line, type NSLOOKUP
> Then type WWW.SCOTTKLEMENT.COM
> You should see something similar to this:
>
> www.scottklement.com
> Server:  mvdns.mv.ad
> Address:  172.22.1.100
>
> Nonauthoritative answer:
> Name:    www.scottklement.com
> Address:  69.128.116.164
>
> Do you?
>
> Your example1 is timing out so early it would appear you are not
resolving DNS.
> Here is the beginning of the "normal" debug log. As you can see, your
example1 isn't even getting to the http routines.

> ************Beginning of data**************
> HTTPAPI Ver 1.23 released 2008-04-24
> OS/400 Ver V5R4M0
>
> New iconv() objects set, PostRem=819. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819. ProtLoc=0
> http_url_get(): entered
> http_persist_open(): entered
> http_long_ParseURL(): entered
> DNS resolver retrans: 2
> DNS resolver retry  : 2
> DNS resolver options: x'00000136'
> DNS default domain: MILWAUKEEVALVE.COM
> DNS server found: 172.14.1.1
> DNS server found: 172.13.1.1
> DNS server found: 66.84.180.13
> http_persist_get(): entered
> http_long_ParseURL(): entered
> do_get(): entered
> GET /rpg/socktut/tutorial.pdf HTTP/1.1
> GET /rpg/socktut/tutorial.pdf HTTP/1.1
> Host: www.scottklement.com
>

> recvresp(): entered
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 17:55:14 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.0.52 (FreeBSD) DAV/2 PHP/4.3.11 mod_jk/1.2.15
mod_ssl/2.0.52 OpenSSL/0.9.7e-p1