Re: HTTPAPI returns a "Host name look up failed"

I agree with you that webservicex.net is not the most reliable web site providing web services for testing purposes. It seems to me that http://www.oorsprong.org is a more reliable site offering a few nice test web services:

   http://www.oorsprong.org/websamples.math
   http://www.oorsprong.org/websamples.anagram/anagramservice.wso
   http://www.oorsprong.org/websamples.arendsoog/ArendsoogbooksService.wso
   http://www.oorsprong.org/websamples.countryinfo/CountryInfoService.wso

Thomas.

Bak, Doug (LMF) schrieb:
In the bit of testing I've done with making calls to webservicex.net, the site is not the most robust. After reading your message, I tried to pull up http://www.webservicex.net/WCF/ServiceDetails.aspx?SID=46 in my browser, which should show the Summary and WSDL info concerning the service and after leaving the page to build for about 3 minutes I received:

WSDL Schema

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Most likely causes: You are not connected to the Internet. The website is encountering problems. There might be a typing error in the address. What you can try: Diagnose Connection Problems

Webservicex.net can be used but it's been my experience that the servers are more likely to respond as expected in the afternoon than in the morning.  If it's not working on your iSeries, try testing in a web browser... if it won't work in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, etc then chances are real good that it won't work on the iSeries either.

Hope this helps!
Doug