Re: RSS Feed

Murray Crofskey wrote:
>     [R]ecently been asked to receive some information via an RSS feed...
>
>    Since I'm kinda old and wrinkley.. What is an RSS feed???, and can I
>    receive it using HTTPAPI ???

Murry, the short answer is that yes, you should be able to retrieve the
RSS data using HTTPAPI.

RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication.  An RSS "feed" is an XML
document that typically contains a list of the most recently added
content for a website.  This XML data is normally requested and received
using HTTP, which is the part where HTTPAPI comes it.  For example, see
the links below.  You'll also need to use an XML parser to extract the
data from the RSS XML document.  I believe that the eXpat parser is
included with HTTPAPI.

HTH,
Adam

1. A webcomic:  http://xkcd.com/rss.xml