RE: HTTPAPI returns a "Host name look up failed"

   Thomas,

   I don't believe so.  At least I'm not specifically making that call.
   I'm simply using the GEOIP program stock out-of-the-box and was
   assuming it would work as-is.  Is the modified procedure interface you
   mentioned supposed to replace the one currently there for the
   MapXmlData procedure?  I'm not certain what I should do here...

   Thanks,

   Rich

   xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.
   xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
   > > "><soap:Body><GetGeoIPResponse xmlns="http://www.webservicex.net
   > > "><GetGeoIPResult><ReturnCode>1</ReturnCode><IP>209.131.36.158
   > > </IP><ReturnCodeDetails>Record
   > > Found</ReturnCodeDetails><CountryName>UNITED

   STATES</CountryName><CountryCode>US</CountryCode></GetGeoIPResult></Ge
   tGeoIPResponse></soap:

   > > Body></soap:Envelope>
   > > http_close(): entered
   > > New iconv() objects set, PostRem=1208. PostLoc=0. ProtRem=819.
   ProtLoc=0
   > > http_persist_open(): entered
   > > http_long_ParseURL(): entered
   > > DNS resolver retrans: 2
   > > DNS resolver retry : 2
   > > DNS resolver options: x'00000136'
   > > DNS default domain: S105VX7M.COM
   > > DNS server found: 68.87.85.98
   > > DNS server found: 68.87.69.146
   > > http_persist_post(): entered
   > > http_long_ParseURL(): entered
   > > do_post(): entered
   > > POST /geoipservice.asmx HTTP/1.1
   > > Host: www.webservicex.net
   > >

   > > As you can see, the country name value is "UNITED STATES". The
   > > returned XML looks ok to me, but by the time the MapXmlData
   > > Procedure gets ahold of the parsed values, it's all garbage, which
   > > is why the if construct that tests for the "name" variable to be
   the
   > > value 'CountryName' is never satisfied, and even if it were, the
   > > value of variable "value" is also garbage.
   > >

   > > P MapXmlData B
   > > D MapXmlData PI
   > > D country 52a varying
   > > D depth 10I 0 value
   > > D name 1024A varying const
   > > D path 24576A varying const
   > > D value 65535A varying const
   > > D attrs * dim(32767)
   > > D const options(*varsize)
   > >
   > > /free
   > > if (name = 'CountryName');
   > > country = value;
   > > endif;
   > > /end-free
   > > P E
   > >

   > > Is it possible that my EXPAT setup is incorrect, or mismatched
   > > somehow with my HTTPAPI install (ver 1.23)? I'm pretty certain I
   > > downloaded and installed the precompiled version of EXPAT (version
   > > 2.0.0 in SAVF format). I would really appreciate some help in
   > > figuring this out.
   > >

   > > Thanks,
   > >

   > > Rich
   > >

   > > EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
   > > Join me
   > >

   > > > Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:36:17 -0500
   > > > From: sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > > > To: ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > > > Subject: Re: HTTPAPI returns a "Host name look up failed"
   > > >
   > > > Hi Rich,
   > > >
   > > > Create a debug log (like you did before) and look at what is
   being
   > > > received from the web service -- the details will be in that
   debug
   > file.

   > have
   > repeated