CCSID Changes during ftp_get

   Scott, et all.

   I am using the FTP api, version 2.2, to pull files from one IBM i to
   another, the CCSID of the original file is 37 (and the data is in
   CCSID 37), but when ftp_Get pulls the file, it's CCSID is set to 437
   but the data is still in CCSID 37. I set the ftp_BinaryMode to *ON
   before the get and the job log reflects the binary setting.

   Am I missing something on the get?
   Should I be using binary mode in the transfer?

   This has been working for years but because we have a new vendor that
   is sending files in uni-code (CCSID 1252) we had to change the file
   open to include the O_TEXTDATA flag so that the open would convert
   those files which come through a web service to CCSID 37, these are
   working fine. Because the FTPed files have a CCSID setting of 437, but
   the actual data is in CCSID 37, fun occurs.

   Thanks
   Duane

   --

   [shim.gif]