http_url_post_stmf question

   I have an application that works really well, API of course does most
   of the work. But every once in a while the remote server does not
   release the connection, it stays in an "Established" mode, even though
   they claim they have disconnected. I assume the logic that waits on
   the socket is deep in the COMM *MODULE and so I don't want to change
   it. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? Is there another
   function or option to handle lazy remote servers?