Re: 65535

Mahesh,

I assume that you tried to compile a web service stub module generated by WSDL2RPG. The problem is the 64k barrier of RPG fields. WSDL2RPG uses default values for strings and the number of elements. Strings are 128 byte long and the default number of elements of arrays are 128. Depending on the structure of your request or response message (number of elements and arrays) you may hit that 64k barrier.

In that case you have to get into the stub module and modify the number of elements of arrays (DIM_A* constants) and/or reduce the size of some strings. Please only modify the *_t fields which are used as reference fields. Unfortunately it is a bit try & error to get below the 64k barrier.

Of course I could use pointers to store the element values and to emulate dynamic arrays but that would made things a lot more complicated. Perhaps some time I will add a switch to let the user decide whether to use fields or pointers. But at the moment there is no time for that.

Thomas.

Mahesh Tambave schrieb:
   Hi,

   Getting the following 20 level error whil= e compiling the web
   service-

   "Length of character item exceeds 65535; length defaults to 65535",
   how I can avoid this.

   Mahesh

   =0A=
   =0A= This e-mail message may contain proprietary, confidential or
   legally privile= ged information for the sole use of the person or
   entity to whom this messag= e was originally addressed. Any review,
   e-transmission dissemination or othe= r use of or taking of any action
   in reliance upon this information by person= s or entities other than
   the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have r= eceived this
   e-mail in error kindly delete this e-mail from your records. If= it
   appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper
   authorit= y, please notify us immediately at netadmin@xxxxxxxxx and
   delete this mail.=
   =0A=