Van: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Namens Scott Klement
Verzonden: donderdag 12 maart 2009 18:00
Aan: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Onderwerp: Re: Using FTPAPI to ftp to a printerfile

Hi Jack,

> I was using the from and to filenames in a wrong order, just switched
> them to remote and then local file, and it works fine!

I'm glad to see that Magne saw the mistake.  Great catch, Magne!

> And oh, by the way, the PCL file which I am uploading to the
> printerfile _is_ a PDF file, converted via PASE and ghostscript form
> PDF to PCL, which all printers are capable of printing.

Silly question, maybe...   but..  if your PCL file is generated on the
System i, why do you need to FTP it?   Perhaps the PCL is generated on a

different system from the printer, I guess I can see it in that case.

But if it's on the same system, you might look at QShell's Rfile
command, which could print it from the same script that's calling
Ghostscript, and would probably run faster and be a lot simpler than
going through FTPAPI.

Or, write a short RPG program to read the PCL file and send it to the
printer, instead of going through the complex FTP process...

Just thought it might be worth pointing that out.