Re: using WSDL2PRG

   Thomas - what does the DIM parm do? Can i make that smaller to avoid
   hitting the 64K limit?
   Larry Kleinman
   Kleinman Associates, Inc.
   212-949-6469
   203-255-4100
   Inactive hide details for Thomas Raddatz <thomas.raddatz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
   Thomas Raddatz <thomas.raddatz@xxxxxxxxxxx>

   Thomas Raddatz <thomas.raddatz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
       Sent by: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       03/14/2009 06:30 AM

                             Please respond to
        HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                                                                       cc

                                                                  Subject

   Re: using WSDL2PRG

   Scott,
   You are absolutely right. There is nothing I could add except for that
   you can change the default
   length for strings at the WSDL2RPG command prompt. Press F9 to see the
   additional parameters STRLEN
   and DIM. If you do that that new default length is assigned to all
   strings and you may hit the RPG
   barrier of 64k. Due to the limitations of RPG the result data
   structure generated by WSDL2RPG can not
   exceed 64k.
   The other option you have is to change the *_t type definition only
   for that specific variable. If
   that also does not work you have to have to get into the generated
   code and replace the variable by a
   pointer and manually allocate storage and copy the value to that
   pointer. Larry, let me know if you
   hit that problem and I will try to figure out how to do that.
   Thomas.
   Scott Klement schrieb:
   > My understanding (and it may be wrong) is that WSDL documents don't
   > usually tell you the size of the string.  They simply say "data type
   is
   > String".
   >
   > In many languages, that's a non-issue.  Java, PHP, C#, etc all let
   you
   > declare a string, and don't ask you for a size.  they dynamically
   update
   > the size as needed.  Thus, the standards being the way they are.
   >
   > But, when Thomas created WSDL2RPG, he had to pick a number, since
   RPG