RE: http_close(): entered

Chaps - Calm down.  This is a civilised place,  Judging from the level of questions that come across this list (but oh so many others) 90% of questioners can't spell  'PC' let alone IBM i or Integrated Language Environment.

Unless you state that you have bang up to date knowledge of the operating system and the language, how is anyone to distinguish you from the many lazy coders who ask trivial questions that the most cursory glance at documentation would answer.

'Most' RPG programmers seem to have a low level of interest in how operating systems, programs, API's, or even languages work.
It's a pleasure to be able to correspond with someone who does, and who has an intimate knowledge of a corner of the box - and who is so remarkably patient.
Hang around Karl - we need knowledgeable people in the on-line forums.  When you've seen more of this list, you'll see that Scott is obliged to start with the basic 'is it switched on, is the green light showing' stuff.

Karl wrote

> I've checked job logs, program dumps and the like. I've dealt with the
> code of many different programmers over the years. Some good, some bad.
> Yours is quite good. I'm just starting out with HTTPAPI and thought you,
> or someone else on the list, might be able to give me a little insight
> into its' inner workings.
>
> Obviously I've come to the wrong place.
>
> P.S. Get over yourself.

> I didn't say anything about you being new to the platform.  Just new to
> ILE.

> Karl Woods wrote:
> > I know what ILE RPG debugging 101 is. I've been programming on IBM
> > midrange computers for over 30 years now, on the 400 since it was
> called
> > Silverlake.

This document may contain confidential information intended for the addressee only. Any views or opinions presented do not necessarily represent those of Newcastle Building Society/Newcastle Financial Services Limited/NBS Mortgage Advisor Limited/Newcastle Mortgage Services Limited, hereinafter referred to as NBS group.

If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure, copying, or reliance upon the this E-mail is prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender so that NBS group may arrange for its proper delivery. All e-mails are scanned for viruses and other unacceptable content, which may result in non-delivery of a small proportion of e-mails. Anyone sending urgent/important e-mails should therefore confirm delivery.

NBS group does not enter into contracts by means of Internet or e-mail and staff are not authorised to enter into contracts in this way.
NBS introduces to Newcastle Financial Services Limited (NFSL).  NFSL is an appointed representative of Openwork Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the FSA. Newcastle Building Society is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (www.fsa.gov.uk/register/) and is entered in the Financial Services Authority Register under Registration No. 156058.

Web site: www.newcastle.co.uk