RE: Data Compression

It sounds like you are talking about HTTP compression which is actually part
of the HTTP protocol. Scott will probably jump in for a definite answer, but
I don't think HTTPAPI does compression like a browser would.

This shouldn't matter except that a bit more bandwidth is taken up. Servers
and browsers "negotiate" the compression and will do whatever the "browser"
supports.

On the other hand, if you are asking about a file being compressed and sent
down the pipe. HTTPAPI will work fine to retrieve the file and then an
appropriate tool needs to be run to untar, unzip, etc.

Mike Krebs