Expat: XML parse failed at line 1, col 1231: reference to invalid character number

   Hello all,

   I get an error in the Expat parser due to the fact that the document
   contains an escaped character
   As far as I know this _is_ an unknown character number, so Expat is
   right in his error message. However, I get this document from a third
   party (BIG transport company) so they will not listen to me if I tell
   them they are not doing it right ( and I tried).
   Is there a way to tell Expat to ignore these unkonwn escape
   characters?
   Or do I have to check the document before parsing it?

   Regards, Wilbert