WG: RESTful Web Service and UTF-8

Hi,

I'm trying to consume a web service which sends data in its own format (REST style , i think). The data is coming in UTF-8. I have tried various things to receive the data using http_url_get. The procedure returns successfully but things like german umlaute or the euro sign are not displayed correctly (numbers and normal characters are displayed correctly).

I haven't had much to do with ccsids and character conversion so far so I am pretty much stuck.

I also tried: http_setCCSIDs(1208 : 273 : 1208 : 273);
and
http_setFileCCSID(273);

before the http_url_get call but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance

Mihael Schmidt
Anwendungsentwicklung

Dirk Rossmann GmbH
Iserhägener Str.16
30938 Burgwedel
* +49 (05139) 898 - 4353

Handelsregister-Nr. HRB 120546, Amtsgericht Hannover
Ust-Id-Nr. DE 115055186
St.-Nr. 16 / 205 / 65401
Geschäftsführer: Dirk Roßmann, Alice Schardt-Roßmann, Roland Frobel, Klaus Praus