ftpapi newbie basic code

   We are currently using STRTCPFTP to put/get data from a system i db
   file to/from a VAN

   We currently only are doing 1 file at a time or are using the -get *
   lib/file-  to get all files available to us and put them to a db file

   we need to start retrieving a directory and getting all the files 1 at
   a time like the EX6TREEFRM example.

   We would like to continue writing the data directly to db files

   I think we need to do the equivalent of this input file to the
   strtcpftp command.

   user password

   BIN
   ASCII
   PUT CAT/FTPSND V20090220_33271.TXT
   QUIT

   or

   sometimes we need to send another line of text after the user password
   and before the BIN or ASCII  get something like

   user  password

   ASCII
   user 12345[1]@ediprod.xxx.yyy.zzz.com LONG

   GET * CAT/FTPRCV
   QUIT

   If anyone has a quick example especially of the proper format of the
   procedure for ASCII and the PUT/GET calls to a DB file instead of a
   folder in a directory, and the "user 12345[2]@ediprod.xxx.yyy.zzz.com
   LONG"  it would be greatly appreciated

   Jim Horn
   This email is intended only for the person or entity
   to which it is addressed and may contain information
   that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected
   from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee
   or an employee or agent responsible for delivering
   this message to the named addressee, you are not
   authorized to read, print, retain copy, and disseminate
   this message or any part of it. If you have received this
   message in error please notify us immediately by email,
   discard any paper copies and delete all electronic files
   of this message.