Re: Httpapi and basic authentication

   Yes.  I've tried both slashes as well as upper/lower case.

   On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 1:39 AM, Scott Klement
   <[1]sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     Hi Karen,
     Have you tried both / and \ (foreslash and backslash) to separate
     the
     domain from the userid?  It's just a stab in the dark, but it might
     be
     worth a try.
     Otherwise, I'm not sure what else to suggest...  good luck!

   Karen Weigel wrote:
   >    Scott,
   >

   >    Thanks for the quick response.  Yes, I "messed up" the encoding
   so
   >    that the actual userid and password couldn't be determined.  The
   >    developer of the web service said that the domain was required.
   >    have tried it with and without the domain, and neither way works.
   >    Since I am new to consuming web services, I wanted someone else
   >    look this over before I ask the developer to show me a working
   client
   >    that uses basic authentication.
   >

   >    Thanks again,
   >
   >    Karen
   >

   >    On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Scott Klement

   >    <[1][2]sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   >
   >      Hi Karen,
   >      Please be aware that when you use basic authentication, your
   >      userid/password is sent over the network (or Internet)
   unencrypted.
   >      That unencrypted password is also included in the
   httpapi_debug.txt
   >      file that you sent.
   >      According to the debug file you sent, your userid is set to:
   >      "dR6atopr]yôusa/aif-s_}öicµ-M4ö" and your password is set to
   "Av
   >      ta2009".
   >      It seems likely that this isn't right... that your
   userid/password
   >      is being messed up somehow.
   >      If that really is your userid/password, then please make sure
   you
   >      change it -- you've just posted it publicly to be displayed on
   the
   >      web.  Anyone with access to a base64 decoder (which are freely
   >      available on the web) can see what your user/password is.
   >      And if that really is your userid/password, I don't know why
   it's
   >      not working, except perhaps because you specified a "domain"
   with a
   >      slash -- that's not typically used in Basic authentication.
   The