Re: AW: http_url_post_xml problem

I guess it depends on what is meant by "validate".  If you just want to
know if it's well-formed, you can run it through HTTPAPI's XML parser
(expat) with both handlers set to *NULL -- if you get an error, it's
probably not well-formed.

If you want to validate against a schema, then it's quite a bit more
complicated.  In that case, you'll want to use IBM's XML toolkit or call
one of the Java parsers that does schema validation.

But, in my experience, problems with the schema are usually found and
solved during the initial testing of your program.  Well-formedness
errors can come from the data supplied by users, and are more likely to
crop up after testing.