AW: httpapi.XML parse problem

 Hello Scott, Mike, Thomas, Group, Lurkers and Confused others!

It's a wonderful discussion, when cheeks turn to red, pegasus spreads his wings and brainstorming comes to fly,  ...

....    but I am somehow confused. Aren't you too?

A week ago Mike started a question about some Error #66 in XMLGEN, then a Version came around the corner, made a project and was at least well packaged. [And yes, IBM invented that damn License thing years ago which does not serve very much, but costs a lot, if I may add this to Scotts input.] --   ;-)

- Why should a developer have more than 1 version of HTTPAPI?   why should a developer KEEP an older version of HTTPAPI, if the newer one is brought to life? you hopefully do not speak about backuping a "last copy" of the older version of HTTPAPI  for restoring if the new version fails?

- if there is a reason for the above:  thank you for explaining.

- or: does the discussion turn away from HTTPAPI itself to a higher level (generally spoken: to  non-IBM-Programs/Packages), and targets to become a Developer's Standardized "Pgm Warehouse", which could have newer look and feel than LICPGM,  offer useful and web'bed  Informations and Functions and could become the future versioning - packaging - delivering - self-updating wonderbra?  (that's something which could be really challenging)

keep on to discuss and to brainstorm - I just wanted to be sure, what the topic really is,, before I drop my 2 cents msg, that I would like to have different mpeg's played with every new version in it ;-)

bye
István