Conversion using Iconv to ASCII

Hello Scott/Group,

I have been working to connect to a web service from AS400. I am using
HTTPAPI for this purpose.

My SOAP input has parameters like:
"invLoc:L~deliveryCd:D~catalogId:100"
and
"sessionId:0000031~signatureId:01T3x".

I was able to see the SOAP Request in debug (using Eval peData:c 1000).
And this was same as it was framed by me till it goes to the iconvdyn()
proc and when it calls the proc iconv().

When iconv() returns, I am not able to view the data (Soap Request). Any
idea how to view this data?

Further, the response which I am getting from the web service is not as
expected. My feel says that the '~' that are available in my input gets
converted wrongly in iconv() proc. Any thoughts to get this rectified
would be of great help.....

Regards,
Sakthivel