RE: RPG to domino or exchange

>All of the suggestions I've seen so far discuss how to use a Domino or
Exchange SMTP server to send mail.

[Mike Krebs comments...]
I think I pointed out that Exchange web services appears to actually allow
you to work with exchange (including sending/reading email, working with
folders, tasks, calendar, etc). From my cursory reading, the web services
are in fact working with exchange, not just using it to relay.

The examples on the MSDN site show lots of VB code, but the actual web
service looks pretty straight forward. As always, authentication comes into
play and will make the trick a bit harder to perform outside of a test
program.

>We use an IMAP server (an open source tool running on a Unix computer)
[Mike Krebs comments...]
I asked our Exchange guy (who has been to classes and setup exchange in test
environment only) about IMAP. According to him, it is an optional
configuration. So, using IMAP on a Exchange server is possible and could
probably be a workaround.

Mike Krebs