Re: RPG to domino or exchange

   Thanks Scott - I also noticed that most of the postings told me how to
   send email from an RPG program (which we are already doing) without
   the ability to put them in a sent folder in the user's PC. I pretty
   much came to the same conclusion that you did - either do some
   non-trivial coding with IMAP or figure out how to invoke the email
   software from RPG (which, if I knew how to do, would not have started
   this conversation in the first place). Pending anyone coming up with a
   brilliant and easy-to-do idea, this may go on the back burner for a
   while.
   Larry Kleinman
   Kleinman Associates, Inc.
   212-949-6469
   203-255-4100
   Inactive hide details for Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Scott
   Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
       Sent by: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       01/07/2009 02:33 PM

                             Please respond to
        HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                                                                       cc

                                                                  Subject

   Re: RPG to domino or exchange

   All of the suggestions I've seen so far discuss how to use a Domino or
   Exchange SMTP server to send mail.
   That's nice, and it'll send the message -- but it won't put it in the
   user's "sent" folder as Larry asked.
   I'm not familiar with Domino or Exchange.  But, normally when an
   e-mail
   client sends e-mail, it writes the message to two places.  The first
   place is the SMTP server, of course, so that it can be sent.  The
   second
   place is the "sent" folder.
   We use an IMAP server (an open source tool running on a Unix computer)
   for our e-mail instead of using something like Domino or Exchange. Our
   e-mail tools use the SMTP protocol to send the e-mail over the
   network,
   and the IMAP protocol to write the message to the "sent" folder on the
   server.
   Perhaps your Domino or Exchange server is IMAP compliant and you can
   do
   the same thing?  Of course, you'd have to write IMAP software, which
   might not be trivial... but it'd be the standards-compliant way to do
   the job.
   Otherwise, you're going to have to actually invoke the Domino or
   Exchange software to have it do the job.  I have no idea how to do
   that
   from an RPG program.
   Larry Kleinman wrote:
   >    Does anyone know a way to send an email via either Domino or
   Exchange