Re: Looking for best option

hi Bruce,

Hi Bruce,

> A co-worker pointed out that I should convert the base64_decode result back
> to ascii before writing it out to the file.  I added a rc =
> http_xlate(%len(%trimr(val2)): val2: TO_ASCII); statement after the
> base64_decode call.

That makes no sense to me. The data wasn't in EBCDIC or ASCII, it's a
friggin TIFF file.  The WHOLE PURPOSE of base64 is to preserve the TIFF
file so it never gets translated to begin with.

> It is still not right but the stream file size matches
> the good one now.

http_xlate() doesn't change the size of the data!!!  Running it should
have absolutely no effect on the number of bytes in the stream file!!!!

Frankly, Bruce, you need to start by learning the difference between
text data and binary data.  As long as you keep trying to treat the data
as text, you're going to REALLY struggle with getting your image to be
correct.