Re: Secure types of FTP

You mean not being able to see the contents, right?

You can encrypt the contents (using PGP probably) and use standard,
regular old FTP.

You can use FTP through a secure SSL tunnel (FTPS).

You can use SSH FTP (sFTP). I tend to use the third option most often.
It's pretty easy to set up, though there are a couple of gotchas that
I've encountered, such as the difference between SSH (IETF) and
OpenSSH  keys, and a requirement for a freaking upper case userid with
a  specific partner. :)