Re: Enhancement request for module HTTPXMLR4

Hi Thomas,

I haven't benchmarked the differences between parsing the XML stream
directly vs. saving it to the IFS and parsing it in a second step.  Is
there a significant performance difference?

As for detecting the difference between SOAP vs. MIME, that should be
extraordinarily simple.  Just call http_header() to get the
content-type.  For MIME (Soap with attachments) it should have a
content-type of multipart/related (if you want to make it more generic,
just search for "multipart").

Perhaps we should have an http_url_post_mime()...  if the data isn't
multipart, that routine would work very similarly to
http_url_post_raw2().  But if the data is multipart, it breaks things up
into parts, and sends those to callbacks, as if you called
http_url_post_raw2() separately for each "part" of the "multipart" message.