From: ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ftpapi-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott
Klement
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:15 PM
To: HTTPAPI and FTPAPI Projects
Subject: Re: http_parse_xml_string usage

No. All I said is that you have to *tell* http_xml_parse_string() the CCSID of the data you're feeding into it.

So if the data is EBCDIC, you have to *TELL IT* that it's EBCDIC.

If you pass *NULL, your program won't compile, since *NULL isn't an allowed parameter. If you pass 65535, HTTPAPI won't know what CCSID your data is, and it will not parse.

So if your data is EBCDIC, *TELL IT* that it's EBCDIC. Don't tell it that it's non-text data (65535). Don't tell it *NULL which is nonsensical. Simply tell it what the data is.

Is this really so difficult to understand?

la Croix, Richard wrote:
I think what Scott is saying is: as your data is already in EBCDIC no
conversion is needed.

I don't know what the value to pass for CCSID should be in that case
though. Maybe *null or 65535??