Re: http_parse_xml_string usage

Hi Rick,

> My REAL problem, after looking at both of your examples, was that my xml
> string was stored in a varchar and I guess the parser was picking up the
> length portion rather than the opening "<". Duh.

Just FYI -- you can use VARYING fields (or, in SQL terminology,
"VarChar") with http_parse_xml_string() if you like.  You just have to
tell HTTPAPI to skip over those first two bytes that contain the length.

To do that, pass %addr(MyVarFld)+2 instead of %addr(MyVarFld).  The +2
tells it to start 2 bytes later in memory...

In V6R1, IBM provides an additional parm to the %ADDR BIF, like this:
%addr(MyVarFld:*DATA)   So if you happen to be on that release, you can
use that instead of the +2, since it's a little more self-explanatory.