Re: JR in need of mentoring...

You can't really prove that it's your firewall.  There's no diagnostic
that tells you that -- all you know is that you're not getting a response.

Using TELNET doesn't tell you that it's the firewall.  It just tells you
that it's not a bug in HTTPAPI (unless IBM has the same bug in TELNET, I
suppose)

However, since PING/TRACEROUTE work, it can be reasonably inferred that
the firewall is the cause.  What else would allow PING/TRACEROUTE but
block TCP 80?